MySQL as an Embedded Database
Over 2000 ISVs, OEMs, and VARs rely on MySQL as their products' embedded database to make their applications, hardware and appliances more competitive, bring them to market faster, and lower their COGs (cost of goods sold).
These ISV and OEM customers choose MySQL for its:
- Low-cost, up to 90% less than Microsoft SQL Server with features that ensure COGS remain low throughout an application's life cycle. Lower database costs allow vendors to offer their products at a fraction of the cost of competing solutions and the flexibility to appeal to more price-sensitive customers.
- Cross Platform Flexibility with support for over 20 platforms providing the freedom to ship products on multiple hardware and operating system combinations and into more markets.
- High Performance, Reliability and Scalability to meet the requirements of the most demanding applications, such as Telco and Network management. Including a full-featured RDBMS helps to make products more competitive initially and over time as customers’ data needs inevitably increase.
- Ease-of-Use with fast installation, configuration and integration so developers can focus on application development, reducing costs and time to market.
- Zero-administration, eliminating the need for customers to hire a dedicated DBA or spend any cycles on database administration, and reducing or eliminating costly database-related support calls.
MySQL is available in 4 editions for embedding in commercial products:
- MySQL Classic Edition
- MySQL Standard Edition
- MySQL Enterprise Edition
- MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition
|MySQL Classic Edition||MySQL Standard Edition||MySQL Enterprise Edition||MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition|
|Commercial License2,3,4,5||Contact the MySQL Embedded Sales Team7|
|MySQL Database Server||√||√||√||√|
|Storage Engine: MyISAM||√||√||√||√|
|Storage Engine: InnoDB||√||√||√|
|Storage Engine: NDB||√|
|Oracle Enterprise Manager1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Monitor1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Dashboard1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Advisors1||√||√|
|MySQL Query Analyzer1||√||√|
|MySQL Replication Monitor1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Backup1||√||√|
|Hot backup for InnoDB1||√||√|
|Full, Incremental, Partial, Optimistic Backups1||√||√|
|Full, Partial, Selective, Hot Selective restore1||√||√|
|Encryption and Compression1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Security1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Authentication1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise TDE1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Encryption1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Firewall1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Audit1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise Scalability1||√||√|
|MySQL Enterprise High-Availability1||√||√|
|HA using Oracle Clusterware1,6||√||√|
|HA using Solaris Clustering1,6||√||√|
|MySQL Cluster Manager1||√|
|Configuration & Provisioning1||√|
|Management & Monitoring1||√|
|MySQL Cluster Geo-Replication||√|
|Oracle Product Certifications6|
|Certified with Oracle Linux6||√||√||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle VM6||√||√||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Solaris6||√||√||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager6||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle GoldenGate6||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Data Integrator6||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Fusion Middleware6||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Secure Backup6||√||√|
|Certified with Oracle Database Firewall6||√||√|
|Complete List of Supported Platforms »|
|Oracle Premier Support3 (available separately)||Contact the MySQL Embedded Sales Team7|
|Unlimited Support Incidents||√||√||√||√|
|MySQL Consultative Support||√||√||√||√|
1 Features only available in Commercial Editions.
2 Commercial License for perpetual use
3 Oracle Premier Support for MySQL is available separately (extra cost)
4 Server: is defined as the computer on which the programs are installed. A Server license allows you to use the licensed program on a single specified computer.
5 Socket: is defined as a slot that houses a chip (or a multi-chip module), which contains a collection of one or more cores. Regardless of the number of cores, each chip (or multi-chip module) counts as a single socket. All occupied sockets on which the Oracle programs is installed and/or running must be licensed.
6 Non-MySQL products not included (can be purchased separately)
7 For pricing (all 4 MySQL Editions), ISVs, OEMs and VARs should contact the MySQL Embedded Sales Team
For educational purposes only. Subject to change without notice.